FrEdLey

Home on Whidbey is a family blog revolving around Fran, Ed, Brad, Yessi, plus puppy Benton, and our family, travels, friends, neighbors and community. Thanks for reading.

Monday

Deception Pass

Deception Pass is an amazingly special place! The beauty is stunning. The park was a CCC project where the CCC crews constructed buildings and charming bridges of old growth wood. Where they carved narrow trails along the bluffs and created amazing stone structures from highway guard rails to stone steps. Whenever I come across old CCC park projects, like this one, I examine the old photographs for my father's face. I know from childhood stories that he was a CCC worker but I don't know exactly where he worked. He definitely loved Washington and Oregon so I assume that's where he was located. Unfortunately that history has been lost in time. My Dad has been deceased for 35 years now.

The following pictures need no caption, standing alone in their beauty.










No comments: