FrEdLey

Home on Whidbey is a family blog revolving around Fran, Ed, Brad, Yessi, plus puppy Benton, and our family, travels, friends, neighbors and community. Thanks for reading.

Saturday

New Year's Eve Day

This picture isn't because I partied too much but because this past week I have been suffering from a bad cold. As a result, I didn't even get a timely Happy New Year's Eve wish off to Brad via this blog.




So dear Brad, one day late, I hope you had a wonderful New Year's Eve and are having a great first day of 2012. Happy New Year! May 2012 be a wonderful year of personal happiness and contentment for you.

In your rushed departure from Auckland, I neglected to find out where the bus from Auckland was going to drop you off, so I can't place your location on the trail. I'm going to take a wild guess and put your starting point, after your bus ride, to be south of Auckland with your trekking beginning at Puhinui Reserve which might, by now, put you at the end of the Auckland section, near Mercer. Although, given Mercer is described in the books as a suburb of Auckland, perhaps that's where the bus dropped you and where you started hiking again. In that case, you might have started trekking again at Waikato, in which case you'd now be somewhere near Kapamahunga Walkway.

Obviously, I have no idea where you are. South of Auckland is the best I can do. I can't wait to hear from you so I can pinpoint your location again and vicariously walk by your side.

This morning we were greeted by 33 degree temps and a sprinkling of snow. Later in the day it is, according to weather reports, predicted to reach a clear and sunny 43 degrees. Tomorrow, Sunday, 45 degrees with a chance of rain; and Monday 47 degrees with a chance of rain. In Auckland, NZ, Sunday will be 73 degrees with thunderstorms; Monday 72 degrees with sun; and Tuesday 73 degrees with a chance of rain.

Our blessings for 2012! Kisses from Fran; Hugs from Ed; and Tugs from Benton!

No comments: